SharePoint Online Migration Project
ICT has commenced a project to support SharePoint site owners across College in migrating SharePoint sites from the current 2010 platform, to SharePoint Online. Find out more at ICT’s SharePoint Online Project webpage
SharePoint is an integral part of the Imperial College Collaboration Technology range. It is highly recommended for its content management capabilities; especially workflow and versioning. Additionally SharePoint has calendar, scheduling, Outlook integration, wikis, blogs, lists and libraries.
SharePoint can be used to facilitate collaboration, provide content management features, implement business processes, and supply access to information that is essential to organisational goals and processes.
- Access Sharepoint (login required)
NB. If you’re using highly specialised software that requires significant storage, then there may be other more appropriate solutions. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
- Document collaboration
- Wikis and blogs
- RSS support
- Discussion boards
- Project task management
- Contacts, calendars, and tasks
- E-mail storing and management
- Integration with other Microsoft Office 2010 products
- Offline support using SharePoint Workspace 2010
College provisions for this app
- Any rebranding or redesign happens automatically
- Ongoing support from ICT and your Faculty
- Automatically tested for accessibility
- Even though SharePoint is relatively easy to use, training and planning is necessary to get the most out of this product.
- SharePoint sites can only be made available to users with a College login.
- Not suited to highly specialised software that requires significant storage.
Resources for editors
Policy and best practice
QA offer Sharepoint 2010 training courses that might be suitable for your staff needs.